Trip Report Resources
- Hike Arizona – One of the best resources out there, in my humble opinion, and not just for Grand Canyon. They have trail and trip reports, including photos, for all of Arizona. These include hikes to places you probably have never heard of before. I LOVE this site! This link is to Grand Canyon’s trails, but be sure to explore through the site if you are interested in other places in the state.
- Natural Born Hikers – This has evolved into quite an amazing site and wonderful resource! A collection of trip reports that allows searching for trails by “Terrain” or “Trail” and then by areas or states. Arizona is featured very nicely, but then we do have some wonderful trails, don’t we? Grand Canyon has 7 different trail reports ranging from a stroll on North Rim’s Bright Angel Point to several Rim-to-Rim hikes. The site is a nice resource and the reports all include photographs.
- Nature Valley Trail View – Not trip reports per se but Google Earth for trails!
Multiple Trip Report Links
- 7 Days 6 Nights
- All Hikers Trip Reports
- Frank and Anne’s Canyon Country Hiking & Camping Notebook
- Jim and Kathy Lyon’s Grand Canyon Trips
- Mike Mahanay’s Grand Canyon Backcountry Hiking Page
- The Developed Trails in the Grand Canyon
- Tom Veik’s Hikes – Especially check out Sept 2001 Rim to Rim Hike Preview for an excellent overview of the entire hike in maps, images and profiles.
Individual Trip Report Links
- A Mule Ride in the Grand Canyon is a Unique Adventure
- The Ride of Their Life
- From Cuyahoga to the Colorado – Flatlanders hike to the bottom of the Grand Canyon and back; what they learned along the way. (Also includes some great advice, links, and equipment list information for a stay at Phantom Ranch.)
- South Rim to North Rim – The author has also included some great tips and his equipment list which can be very helpful when planning when your own hike.
- A Minnesotan’s Trip to the Grand Canyon
- Grand Canyon Trip Report: Rim to Rim by Sean Dupre’
- Spring Break in Havasu Canyon
- Thunder River Hike
- 2000 South Kaibab/Bright Angel
- 2001 South Kaibab/Bright Angel