The New Year has arrived, and it’s time to make a resolution or two. If you’re scratching your head in search of a way to push (or pamper) yourself in 2012, the Grand Canyon can help fill up your dance card.
Here are a few suggestions:
- I resolve to explore the arts! A number of public events are available in the park for those looking for artistic inspiration. Check out the Grand Canyon Celebration of Arts, Grand Canyon Music Festival, or the rotating exhibits of the Kolb Studio Exhibit Series.
- I resolve to connect with others that share my passion for the Grand Canyon! Join kindred spirits for the Grand Canyon History Symposium, Grand Canyon Star Party, Grand Canyon Marathon, or volunteering for Grand Canyon National Park.
- I resolve to reach the bottom of the Grand Canyon! Train accordingly, then either go solo or join a group. For organized outings consider backpacking with the Grand Canyon Field Institute, whitewater rafting with Grand Canyon Explorations/Expeditions, or on the back of a mule with Xanterra Parks & Resorts.
No matter what your goals are for the coming year, make Grand Canyon part of the plan. And Happy New Year one and all!
- 2012 Celebration of Art
- Grand Canyon Music Festival
- Kolb Studio Art Exhibits
- 2012 Grand Canyon History Symposium
- 2012 Grand Canyon Star Party
- Grand Canyon Marathon
- Become a National Park Volunteer
- Take a Trip or Hike with the Grand Canyon Field Institute
- Grand Canyon River Trip by Oar or Paddle
- Ride a Grand Canyon Mule