You can download literature for planning your visit to the park directly from Grand Canyon’s Park Trip Planning Publications page. The following documents are available there and will help you plan your trip here.
- The Trip Planner is an all-around planner that includes maps and information that will help you prepare in advance. Includes some backcountry information.
- Pocket Map and Services Guides – Available for both the South Rim and North Rim. These have replaced The Grand Canyon Guide which was the newspaper previously given out upon arriving at the park. These pocket maps are distributed at entrance stations, visitor centers, lodges, campgrounds, stores, and out-of-park locations.
- The Accessibility Guide provides information for those with special needs in getting around the park and attaining permits to areas otherwise closed to vehicles where appropriate or necessary.
- The Backcountry Trip Planner assists those going into the backcountry with information on permits, transportation, use areas, and the like.
- The Park Newspaper is available in many different languages as well.
- Grand Canyon National Park – THE CANYON! The best photos and paintings in the world can only offer glimpses of this geologic masterpiece. It must be seen to be believed! Spanning a distance of 277 miles, with an average depth of one mile and a width of ten miles, Grand Canyon is one of the seven natural wonders of the world and a World Heritage Site. With elevations in the park ranging from 9000 feet on the North Rim all the way down to 2400 feet at the Colorado River, it is wise to research your itinerary to prepare properly for the conditions you are likely to experience. Information on reservations, permits, activities, tours, and much, much more. This comprehensive site has links to many other related sites as well.
- Grand Canyon National Park: North Rim – Visitor services and facilities inside the national park on the North Rim are only open from mid-May to mid-October. For the 2008 season, visitor services and facilities inside the national park on the North Rim will remain open until October 16, 2008. Be sure to check out their pages when planning your trip to this beautiful rim of the Grand Canyon.
- Grand Canyon News Releases – An excellent resource for the latest trail closures, water line breaks, or any other issues affecting the park.