It’s time again to make your New Year’s resolutions. Rather than a doomed attempt to swear off fudge brownies, why not steer towards the positive and treat yourself to a Grand Canyon National Park visit or two? Here’s a canyon-sized list of fun activities that await you and yours in the coming year:
- Overnight in the canyon; either on a whitewater rafting trip, backpacking, or as a guest at Phantom Ranch. Follow this link to the National Park Service trip planning page.
- Enjoy an unforgettable week of art and inspiration at the Grand Canyon Celebration of Art.
- Spend a holiday as a guest at the historic El Tovar Hotel, and treat yourself to a meal in their lovely dining room to toast the occasion.
- Take in a toe-tapping concert or two at the Grand Canyon Music Festival.
- Grab a flashlight and join a group of diehard telescope enthusiasts for a celestial viewing of the canyon’s world-famous night sky at the annual Grand Canyon Star Party.
- Treat the whole family to a Grand Canyon learning adventure with the Grand Canyon Field Institute.
- Support your favorite park by volunteering for a restoration project.
Of course there are myriad other ways to enjoy the grandest of Canyons. The important thing is to make your plans before the hectic, post-holiday pace kicks in yet again. Happy New Year everyone!