No matter what time of year, Grand Canyon can experience smoke or fire of some sort. Whether it is a current wildfire or prescribed burns to prevent future catastrophic disasters, there is often a possibility of smoke in the area. Keep abreast of fires and air quality by visiting this page before your Grand Canyon visit.
Please note that each link will open in a new window. Simply close that window to return to this page.
- Grand Canyon Fire Updates / Advisories / Restrictions / Closures
- Grand Canyon’s Twitter Feed
- InciWeb Grand Canyon – For incidents specific to to Grand Canyon National Park
- InciWeb Arizona – Look under “Units” for area burning
- Kaibab U.S. Forest Service News Releases
- Kaibab U.S. Forest Service Twitter Feed