I hadn’t planned on doing another update this soon, but there are some significant changes coming.
River Trips Cancelled
The park announced that all river trips including administrative, research, private and commercial trips, are suspended until May 21, 2020. This will be evaluated in mid-April pending current CDC guidance and options to reschedule trips will be provided at a future date.
Learn more by reading the park’s news release, Grand Canyon National Park is Modifying River Operations to Implement Latest Health Guidance.
More Service Closures and Changes
The Grand Canyon Railway and Hotel has closed and hopes to resume operation on May 22nd. Learn more by visiting their webpage, Coronavirus Updates.
Beginning Sunday, March 22nd, Delaware North will operate with the following changes:
- Yavapai Lodge, Yavapai Lodge Restaurant and Tavern will be closed
- Trailer Village will only be open for full hook-up sites Trailer Village restrooms, along with partial and no hook-up sites will be closed
- The RV and Camper Services laundry, showers and food service will be closed
- Canyon Village Market will be open from 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. starting Sunday, March 23rd.
- Find out more on their webpage, COVID-19 Updates.
Other changes to hours of operations include:
- Chase Bank will be open from 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Grand Canyon Post Office window service is open 9:00 a.m. through 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Bright Angel Bicycle Grab & Go Café and Coffee Bar will be open from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Visitor Center Plaza)
Once again, please visit Grand Canyon National Park Public Health Update for the latest updates.
Be safe and take care of yourselves and others so we can all get through this and enjoy our beautiful outdoor places once again together.